Members: 0 member(s)

Shares ?


Clicks ?


Viral Lift ?


User's Tags

Courage & Fear 2,909 views Aug 04, 2011
Police abuse is real
Police abusing their power
We all should have nice things to say about police officers. I myself have had experiences such as a kind police pulling me over to inform me my lights were not on, and I've even had a kind officer help me change my tire. 
That I believe is what police should be about, helping the community, and putting criminals to justice.
However on April 19th 2011 I saw a very dark side of the world that police think they control.
I was in a left hand turning lane, traveling down in Utah. I live in Idaho, but because I have had two heart transplants in my life, I have to go down to SLC to see the heart transplant team. I had also just had a MAJOR spine surgery down in the university about 4 months earlier. Anyways to get back on track I was in the left hand turning lane pulling up to a red light. A car was headed towards me fast, 45 to 55 miles per hour. They were using the turning lane as a travel lane, and as I realized they were not gonna slow down or move I cut some one off to exit the lane on the right hand side. I did not move quite quick enough, they hit my bumper, and continued going. I turned on my hazard lights and watched them disappear in my rear view mirror. I did not realize that if you were the victim of a car accident it was against the law to leave. I waited about 3 minutes, and when it became clear to me they were not coming back, I went on my way to try and make it to the 2 doctor appointments I was late for.
I guess the people who hit me, called in and gave the cops their side of the story. I don't know what they said, but it wasn't true. The accident happened in Davis county Utah, and the police caught up with me in Ogdon Utah. At first I had no clue what I had done wrong, I was very corroborative with the police, with my permission they searched my car, but right as they showed up they were sure I was on something. They found all my anti rejection medications, and my prescribed narcotics from my back surgery, but I had NOTHING illegal. Finally a police officer from Davis county jail showed up and arrested me.
By that time I had done everything the police had asked. I had sat back and watched them destroy the inside of my car. They got most of my medications and gave them to the arresting officer. She handcuffed me, and shoved me in the back of the police car, which is what the picture is. My knee hit the car hard, and bruised. 
I'm not going to go into all the abuse i went through while in booking at the Davis county jail, but I was finally able to get ahold of my husband's mom ( my husband is in Iraq) and she was able to get a hold of him, so he could move money around so we could make bail.
The police did not do their job. When someone goes in with prescribed pills they are suppose to count every pill in every bottle, and book it on record, they did not do that, but when I got out, I was missing 23 xanx, and 19 oxycodone.
I was abused in may ways on that day, by police officers, and I wanna let people know police abuse is REAL!
If you have a story about police abuse, or a nice story where police helped you, please share on this page.


Tags: #abuse 

Other Blogs

  • 01 Dec 2010
    I am a fashion designer, I'm also a survivor of two heart transplants. I had my first in 2005 at the age 21, and my second in December 2009, only 43 days after my wedding. My amazing husband sat by my hospital bed, and slept on ICU floors just to be near me. At that time he wasn't even my husband. he was my boyfriend, and then one day when I could leave the hospital, he asked me to marry him and became my finance.  When my husband (Joe) asked me to marry him, I was in the process of having heart failure. The heart the Doctors had transplanted four years earlier had turned against me. I was hospitalized weeks at a time, while the Doctors did many surgery's trying to stop, then slow down the rate I was dying. Finally they told me, and Joe (who at that time was my finance) that I would need another heart transplant completely. It was a very painful time for the both of us faced with pain, and my possible death, yet it was an extraordinarily happy time for us. We had eachother, and we had life together to look forward to. We were married, and were as poor as anyone ever was. I could not work because of my health. He would not leave my side, but some how we survived, and we proved love conquers all. At 1:00AM on the 20th of December, my phone rang, and on the other end of the line was the news there was a heart for me available. We drove to the hospital, and about 19 hours later I was in surgery. I don't really remember Christmas (which also is my birthday). I do remember Joe putting his laptop up with a full screen fire place. I remember Joe there with a Santa hat on with a very small Christmas tree. I remember lots, and lots of pain. So one might ask, why is Angela a fashion designer? Why isn't she in medical school, researching the heart, and how it works, and why is she not interested in inventing the worlds next medication for heart transplant patients.  I know there are two sides to every heart. There is the physical side of the heart, and there is also what I'm going to call the spiritual side of the heart. Even though my physical heart was dying, waiting, and very sick. My spirit heart was very much alive! Alive with the love for a man that had become so dear to me, alive with love of beautiful things. My spiritual heart did not die with my physical heart. The spirit inside me grew, and learned from my physical pains, and knew it could create beautiful things, because it had imagination, and creativity to share with the world. To be continued....
    2682 Posted by Angela Funk